Here is what the room looks like, at present (Thursday afternoon, 27 August).
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
There are five work tables (one under the window, the rest in back studio area). The two tables with computers on them are for anyone. I understand that four people want to work in this space, so we should be able to allocate the tables equitably.
Yes, there are too many chairs for the room. We'll deal with that later!
As we approach our first meeting next Thursday, I have been working in and straightening the room, and contemplating how we should use the space for group meetings.
I now believe that at least in the beginning, we should meet only three students in the room at one time. We could do this two ways:
- the first day by having three people present, and three people coming in via Google Meet.
- divide the morning up into two sections, 8:20-9:35, and 9:45-11:00.
For the first session, three people are present in the room, and three come in via remote. We switch who is in the room, and who not, for the second session.
But is this too complicated?
I wonder what you — all six of you — think. I'm also mindful that two people are returning for second semester of seminar, and four are completely new to the space and routine.
I hope to receive updated proposals from everyone over the next few days, and well in advance of our first meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment